We know how intimidating it can be to visit a place for the first time especially during the present crisis. At Halling Baptist Church, you will find a friendly and welcoming atmosphere to any of our meetings in a COVID-19 Secure way.
Where to Start?
If you are new to Christianity or would like to learn more, we recommend you to start with one of the following free courses:
These meetings are run either in a group or one-to-one (via Zoom during the lockdown), and they are designed to give you time and space to consider the big questions of life and to explore the life of the person at the heart of the Christian faith – Jesus Christ.
- You don’t need to know anything about the Bible.
- You won’t be asked to read aloud, pray or sing.
- You can ask any question you want, or just listen.
Meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic
To help up manage seating arrangements, please call or text 07868 182423 to let us know that you plan to attend a meeting.
For those still shielding or unable to attend, a temporary live streaming link and/or recordings will be made available.
- You should follow the stay at home guidance if you or a member of your household has a new, continuous cough or high temperature or loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
- If you are shielding, you should continue to follow the government’s advice on shielding (the government plans to pause shielding on 1 August but strict social distancing will remain in place)
- If you develop symptoms during the Service, you will be asked to leave and follow the stay at home guidance
- You should notify the church leaders if you develop symptoms at any point during the week
Steps for a “COVID-19 Secure” Building
- All touchpoints will be cleaned before each Service
- A one-way system is in operation (one entrance and one exit)
- A 2m Social Distance is imposed throughout the premises and necessary measures are in force where a 2m distance is not possible
- Information posters are displayed throughout the building
- Toilets should only be used if absolutely necessary (please plan accordingly)
- Sanitising gel is available throughout the building
- Hot drinks, biscuits, etc will not be served until further notice
- Always observe the Social Distancing Guidelines — this includes the car park
- We advise that face coverings be used only when walking to and from your seat
- Bring your own Bible as pew Bibles will not be available. Do ask for a gift Bible if you do not have one
- No offering will be collected during the meeting, but if electronic giving is not an option, a receptacle will be available
- Children are welcome but remain the responsibility of their parents
Please come back for the latest information and/or any changes to the above.
For any questions or concerns please get in touch.
Every Sunday, we get together with other Christians to praise God. Our meetings are simple; we sing some hymns or songs, we read from the Bible and pray.
Our leaders are committed to teaching from the Bible in a way that connects to our day-to-day life.
Children are also welcome! At every service, we have a children’s talk where young ones (and the not so young!) participate.
A crèche is usually available, but during the Covid-19 pandemic, only one family can make use of it at the time. No toys are presently available either but parents can still listen and see the meeting.
The first Sunday of the month, we share Communion (to be resumed when we are all able to meet again). The observance of the Lord’s Table is intended for those baptised as believers and who are living in communion with God and with other Christians in a meaningful way (in other words, those who belong to a Bible-believing Church), but we are more than happy for observers to be present.
After every meeting, we used to stay around talking over a cup of tea or coffee and take the opportunity to get to know each other better. However, due to the present circumstances, there will be an opportunity to talk to one another from our seats. Refreshment will resume in due course.
There is no dress code at all, and everyone is welcome.
As a friend of ours says, there is only one rule: ‘no perfect people allowed’! Isn’t that a relief!
11:00 hrs – Morning Worship Service
16:00 hrs – Online Devotion and Prayer Meeting.
Thursdays 19:30 hrs – Online Bible Study and Prayer.